A Vision for the Future of Petroleum Engineering
Marquez Hall – a state-of-the-art $25 million facility for pioneering teaching, research and service – promises to further Colorado School of Mines’ position as a global leader with a unique breadth of industry expertise. With the construction of this cutting-edge building, Mines’ Department of Petroleum Engineering will push the forefront of new technology and remain at the top of its class in recruiting and training new petroleum engineers. The support of corporate partners, alumni and friends for the Marquez Hall project will ensure that Mines is poised to help industry meet the challenge of increased worldwide energy demand and the need for innovative approaches to resource recovery.
Marquez Hall will feature:
- A total of 60,000 square feet of customized classrooms and research and teaching laboratories.
- Smart classrooms equipped with wireless networking and interactive audio-visual technology.
- Classrooms and laboratories adaptable for conducting made-to-order professional education programs.
- A multi-purpose visualization classroom to support interdisciplinary collaboration between Petroleum Engineering, Geology and Geophysics.
- Capacity for increased faculty research activity and enrollment of up to 400 students.
- Offices and meeting space designed to enhance interaction between students and faculty as well as research teams.
- Informational displays that will educate campus visitors – including thousands of K-12 students – about the petroleum industry.
Colorado School of Mines invites corporate partners, alumni and friends to help us
Build Resources for the Future
Your support is essential to help privately finance the construction of Marquez Hall. A first-class facility for applied teaching and research in Petroleum Engineering, Marquez Hall will ensure Mines’ leadership in the development of energy resources for the 21st century.
Colorado School of Mines is honored to offer partners the opportunity to associate corporate and individual names with this integral campus landmark that will enrich the education of thousands of future students. Gifts to the Marquez Hall project will be recognized with naming opportunities for classrooms, laboratories and common areas within the new facility.
For more information about the Marquez Hall project, please contact:
Petroleum Engineering Department
Alderson Hall #251
1613 Illinois St.
Golden, CO 80401
Fax: (303) 273-3189
Voice: (303) 273-3740
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations,