Petroleum Engineering News
- Payne Institute for Public Policy, Oil and Gas Climate Initiative launch $1M partnership to develop new web platform to map gas flaring
The Global Gas Flaring Explorer platform, which will be publicly available in early 2022, will deliver improved monitoring, visibility and transparency in flaring volume data.
- Eustes wins SPE Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
Colorado School of Mines associate professor Alfred William “Bill” Eustes III PhD ’96 has been honored with the 2020 Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty by the Society of …
- 11 Mines faculty members honored for commitment to teaching, research, mentorship
Colorado School of Mines is proud to announce the winners of the 2019-2020 Faculty Awards for teaching and research excellence. The annual awards celebration, where the Office of Academic Affairs typi …
- Jennifer Miskimins named Petroleum Engineering department head
A Mines alumna, Miskimins joined the Mines faculty in 2002 and has 30 years of experience in the petroleum industry.
- Center for Underground to design, demonstrate rapid tunneling technology
The Center for Underground at Colorado School of Mines recently was awarded a major contract from the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to design and demonstrate rapid tunneling t …
- Methane in the atmosphere is increasing but rapid growth in shale development may not be to blame
The findings, published today in the journal Scientific Reports and led by Mines' Alexei Milkov, are the result of a detailed analysis of a large global dataset of the isotopic composition of met …
- Berik Burgumbayev: "I chose Mines because it has one of the most prestigious Petroleum Engineering programs in the world."
Why did you choose to come to Mines? What have you enjoyed most about being here? I went through a long search for grad school, comparing many options at different universities. At the end, only one c …
- Mines PetroBowl team qualifies for international championships
The Society of Petroleum Engineers student competition is "like ‘Jeopardy!’ but for petroleum engineers," says team co-captain Niels Snow.
- Linda Battalora named Fryrear Chair for Innovation and Excellence
Mines alumnus Ben Fryrear ’62 endowed the chairship in 2017 to recognize and support highly accomplished faculty members driving institutional change.
- Crompton wins SPE Management and Information Award
Jim Crompton, a Colorado School of Mines alumnus and adjunct professor, has been honored with the 2019 Management and Information Award from the Society of Petroleum Engineers.