The PE Department’s vision is to lead the Colorado School of Mines, State of Colorado, United States, Earth, and beyond, in engineering, science, and technology challenges through education, research development, and management with consideration of engineering and science integrity, social responsibility, economic effects, ethical constraints, environmental impact, and safety concerns.
Our mission is to provide the necessary skills at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels to serve the world in developing conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, water resources, and geothermal energy, while promoting cutting-edge research to improve resource recovery, advancing technologies to combat environmental problems, such as carbon sequestration and other earth disposal processes, and to foster the socially responsible development of Earth’s resources.
In light of our vision and perceived mission, we set our strategic goals as follows:
- We will educate undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students to be problem solvers based on science and engineering technology.
- We will innovate, pioneer, and lead in fundamental, long-term research and technology development.
- We will inform the general public, government and non-government entities, and the news media about the technical issues of socially responsible energy development.
- Petroleum Engineering faculty win 3 regional SPE awards
The Petroleum Engineering Department at Colorado School of Mines won three of the nine technical awards given out this year by the Rocky Mountain Region of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). …
- Grad student named Knight-Hennessy Scholar
A Colorado School of Mines master’s student is among the second cohort of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, which provides full funding for graduate studies at Stanford University. Manju Pharkavi …
- Battalora named faculty rep to Mines Board of Trustees
Linda Ann Battalora has been selected as faculty representative to the Colorado School of Mines Board of Trustees. Battalora, teaching professor of petroleum engineering and a Mines alumna, will serve …
- Battalora honored with SPE Distinguished Membership
Linda Battalora, teaching professor in the Petroleum Engineering Department at Colorado School of Mines, has been honored with Distinguished Membership by the Society of Petroleum Engineers. Establish …
- Ozkan receives SPE reservoir description, dynamics award
Erdal Ozkan, professor and F.H. “Mick” Merelli/Cimarex Energy Distinguished Department Head Chair in Petroleum Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, has been awarded the 2018 Rocky Mountain North A …