The PE Department’s vision is to lead the Colorado School of Mines, State of Colorado, United States, Earth, and beyond, in engineering, science, and technology challenges through education, research development, and management with consideration of engineering and science integrity, social responsibility, economic effects, ethical constraints, environmental impact, and safety concerns.
Our mission is to provide the necessary skills at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels to serve the world in developing conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, water resources, and geothermal energy, while promoting cutting-edge research to improve resource recovery, advancing technologies to combat environmental problems, such as carbon sequestration and other earth disposal processes, and to foster the socially responsible development of Earth’s resources.
In light of our vision and perceived mission, we set our strategic goals as follows:
- We will educate undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students to be problem solvers based on science and engineering technology.
- We will innovate, pioneer, and lead in fundamental, long-term research and technology development.
- We will inform the general public, government and non-government entities, and the news media about the technical issues of socially responsible energy development.
Undergraduate students from the PEGN 311 Drilling class learn how to use a microrig, while Dr. Bill Eustes explains the planned uses for the rig.
- Ozkan receives SPE reservoir description, dynamics award
Erdal Ozkan, professor and F.H. “Mick” Merelli/Cimarex Energy Distinguished Department Head Chair in Petroleum Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, has been awarded the 2018 Rocky Mountain North A …
- Fleckenstein named 2018 Mines Inventor of the Year
Will Fleckenstein, director of strategic relationships and enterprises for the College of Earth Resource Sciences and Engineering, has been named the 2018 Colorado School of Mines Inventor of the Year …
- Harold Korell named Spring 2018 Commencement speaker
Harold Korell, a graduate of Colorado School of Mines and former CEO and chairman of Southwestern Energy Co., will be the keynote speaker at the Mines Spring 2018 Undergraduate Commencement ceremony o …
- Mines launches natural resources policy master’s program
Colorado School of Mines has launched a new master’s degree program that will apply a unique, multidisciplinary social science lens to natural resources and energy issues, preparing students for caree …
- Graves to receive first Women in Energy Pinnacle Award
Ramona Graves, dean of the College of Earth Resource Sciences and Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, has been chosen to receive the inaugural Pinnacle Award from Oil and Gas Investor. The honor, …
CERSE Vision: A world where earth, energy and environment are wisely managed.
CERSE Mission: To improve lives through vibrant and creative science and engineering education, research and global engagement focused on earth’s resources and societal needs