The PE Department’s vision is to lead the Colorado School of Mines, State of Colorado, United States, Earth, and beyond, in engineering, science, and technology challenges through education, research development, and management with consideration of engineering and science integrity, social responsibility, economic effects, ethical constraints, environmental impact, and safety concerns.
Our mission is to provide the necessary skills at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels to serve the world in developing conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, water resources, and geothermal energy, while promoting cutting-edge research to improve resource recovery, advancing technologies to combat environmental problems, such as carbon sequestration and other earth disposal processes, and to foster the socially responsible development of Earth’s resources.
In light of our vision and perceived mission, we set our strategic goals as follows:
- We will educate undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students to be problem solvers based on science and engineering technology.
- We will innovate, pioneer, and lead in fundamental, long-term research and technology development.
- We will inform the general public, government and non-government entities, and the news media about the technical issues of socially responsible energy development.
Undergraduate students from the PEGN 311 Drilling class learn how to use a microrig, while Dr. Bill Eustes explains the planned uses for the rig.
- Mines launches natural resources policy master’s program
Colorado School of Mines has launched a new master’s degree program that will apply a unique, multidisciplinary social science lens to natural resources and energy issues, preparing students for caree …
- Graves to receive first Women in Energy Pinnacle Award
Ramona Graves, dean of the College of Earth Resource Sciences and Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, has been chosen to receive the inaugural Pinnacle Award from Oil and Gas Investor. The honor, …
- Mines team gets NASA funding for intelligent drilling system
An intelligent drilling system capable of characterizing materials as it drills into the lunar or Martian surface is under development at Colorado School of Mines. A team of three Mines professors, le …
- Outstanding fall graduates honored at commencement
Colorado School of Mines celebrated its midyear commencement Dec. 15, conferring a total of 239 bachelor’s, 175 master’s and 63 doctoral degrees during undergraduate and graduate ceremonies. At the …
- Graves accepts international achievement award from SPE
The Society of Petroleum Engineers has named College of Earth Resource Sciences and Engineering Dean Ramona Graves as the 2017 recipient of the International Distinguished Achievement Award for Petrol …
CERSE Vision: A world where earth, energy and environment are wisely managed.
CERSE Mission: To improve lives through vibrant and creative science and engineering education, research and global engagement focused on earth’s resources and societal needs