The PE Department’s vision is to lead the Colorado School of Mines, State of Colorado, United States, Earth, and beyond, in engineering, science, and technology challenges through education, research development, and management with consideration of engineering and science integrity, social responsibility, economic effects, ethical constraints, environmental impact, and safety concerns.
Our mission is to provide the necessary skills at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels to serve the world in developing conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon resources, water resources, and geothermal energy, while promoting cutting-edge research to improve resource recovery, advancing technologies to combat environmental problems, such as carbon sequestration and other earth disposal processes, and to foster the socially responsible development of Earth’s resources.
In light of our vision and perceived mission, we set our strategic goals as follows:
- We will educate undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students to be problem solvers based on science and engineering technology.
- We will innovate, pioneer, and lead in fundamental, long-term research and technology development.
- We will inform the general public, government and non-government entities, and the news media about the technical issues of socially responsible energy development.
- Linda Battalora named Fryrear Chair for Innovation and Excellence
Mines alumnus Ben Fryrear ’62 endowed the chairship in 2017 to recognize and support highly accomplished faculty members driving institutional change.
- Crompton wins SPE Management and Information Award
Jim Crompton, a Colorado School of Mines alumnus and adjunct professor, has been honored with the 2019 Management and Information Award from the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Fleckenstein talks tech at oil and gas conference
Will Fleckenstein, director of strategic relationships and enterprises for earth resource and environmental programs at Colorado School of Mines, was a featured speaker at the recent EnerCom Oil and G …
- VIDEO: Ramona Graves reflects on her Mines career, retirement
- Petroleum Engineering faculty win 3 regional SPE awards
Linda Battalora , teaching professor of petroleum engineering, is the winner of the 2019 Regional Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award. Will Fleckenstein , adjunct professo …